Thursday, June 11, 2009

Honey the Semi-feral is Super-sweet

Honey is fostered by Steph, a long time RAPS Volunteer. Steph provides us with an update on beautiful Honey's playtime.




 When we play it is with a wand.  Ping Pong is her solo game.  I've tried to bat them back and forth with her however, she isn't interested.  Prefers to chase the wand.  I dangle it over the end of the bed and behind the bed leg.  She watches carefully and then roars after it.  I usually swing it up onto her scratching post and she lunges after it. Couple of times it has toppled over.

Honey, so named because of the colouring on part of her, is a rescued cat
from Bella Bella. Two years ago, in May, she arrived very pregnant and very frightened. About 4 days later she delivered 5 kittens. All adopted by 3 indoor only families. The runt of the litter is just gorgeous! She is still very timed except with me, I have downsized and now share 'her bedroom'. Honey is a permanent foster cat. I think she is now about 4 years old. If she hadn't come to RAPS I think she would be deceased by now.

The only way I can leave the room is by placing 3 treats in her carrier (Honey knows it as her 'box' that she had when she had the kittens). I use the carrier in case I have to catch her.

Unfortunately I am unable to let her have the run of the house as my 20 + 19 year old cats are too fragile to take her on. My 20 year old thinks she smells. My little 19 year old is terrified of her. ~Steph