Friday, January 8, 2010

Dexter: The Spirit of Christmas

Dear RAPS, 

Great to hear of all those rescues and happy endings [in the Richmond News]. I have to say our little sweetie (called Ajax in the shelter but renamed Dexter) has brought so much joy into our home. We refer to him as the spirit of Christmas, the embodiment of love and new life.

I was sorry not to rescue Tristan, but when I went back a second time, it was clear to me that Ajax would be better suited to my family, even if he was covered in ringworm. (I'm happy to say,I think we have that under control now.) He's energetic, playful, affectionate and often up to no good, just like my kids.

We were told he may hide in a closet for the first couple of days when in fact he bolted out of his cage Christmas morning ready to party. Within an hour, he was lying on his back getting his tummy rubbed by both kids at the same time.
I'll try to get a picture.

Happy New Year,
Eve