Monday, March 28, 2011

Tommy

Hi Sonya,

Just wanted to give you a little update on Tommy. He still isn't eating so I started syringe feeding Medi-cal Recovery Formula last night, I managed to give him about 22 cc's and tonight about 20 cc's. He isn't crazy about having a syringe in his mouth obviously and tries to get away, and it's not a lot of food but at least it's some nutrition and moisture in his system. Carol gave me her cell number and I'll call her with an update Sunday night. I've been home with him for four days and I'm back at work Sunday so unfortunately I'll be gone for 14 hours. I will keep him separate from my other two kitties so I can monitor if he eats at all during the day. He seems great otherwise but I'm second guessing myself a little, I hope I'm not missing something. I don't see any sores in his mouth and he's not sneezing.

I absolutely adore him, love him to pieces. All he wants is to be loved, such a special little boy and so trusting. He seems so happy just being a cat, he loves sitting at the open window (I have screens), he sleeps with me, follows me everywhere, loves a belly rub, purrs like crazy, comes when I call him, uses the litterbox, grooms himself, sleeps peacefully, everything is perfect except for not eating! I haven't seen him drink water either. My other two kitties are adjusting, there is still some hissing going on but I feel confident it will get better.

I've attached 3 pictures, as you will see he's made himself right at home, lol.

Concetta