Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Daisy


Hi guys!

Just wanted to give you an update on how Daisy's doing since she came home two weeks ago.

She has settled in really well and definitely decided my house is her castle! She sleeps alot during the day but gets 2 - 3 long walks during which she plods along pretty slowly. Let me know if she is supposed to be more energetic...I assume this is normal, but if not will get her checked out.

She loves the raw food, of course, and I also got her some high-quality dry stuff to intersperse now and then so she can be flexible if we travel.

She has a big comfy bed that she prefers over any other spot in the house, and some toys that she mostly ignores.

We go to the park next door and so far have stayed away from making new friends but I'm going to think about working with a trainer on how to properly introduce other dogs. Taking it slow for now so she doesn't get spooked.

We use a halter for walks and she doesn't pull at all. I'm working with a clicker as well and have *almost* mastered a rollover trick (we usually get halfway then she flops to the side!).

Anyway, I just thought you might like to hear how she's doing since she was at RAPS so long. I'm really glad to have her around and we get along famously. Thanks so much!

Regards
Meghan