Monday, June 27, 2011

Aubrey - update


Hi Carol & Helen

I just wanted to let you know how Aubrey is doing. I re-named him before I even knew whether or not I was getting him. His name is now Rudy & he responds well to it. I am so pleased with the progress he has made over the past week. He has gone from being a shy, frightened little guy to a playful, happy puppy. He adores his girlfriend, another Ridgeback & he has been on a few off leash walks with her.

He stays close by her & she is teaching him alot. I have also mastered housetraining & he no longer thinks of his crate as a bad place. I think he was an apartment dog. He initially only peed & did his business on concrete. My vet said his back leg muscles aren't that developed due to a lack of exercise. I think his muscles have already built up from our walks. I will enroll him in some basic manners classes. He is getting much better on his leash.

My friends all say that Rudy won the doggie lottery with me. I am happy to have a dog in my life again. I know Rudy & I will be a great team.

Thanks again letting me be Rudy's Mom.

Best Regards,

Deborah