Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Adventures of Melanie and Mia!

Mia the dog was at the RAPS City Shelter longer than any other dog, but now we know she was just waiting for Melanie to come along. Now Melanie and Mia are having adventures together. Here's an update on Mia.
--

Aug. 30th -- Since I adopted Mia, she has gone camping at Ross lake, done lots of swimming (we had to teach her how first) and loves to run and play fetch. I have taught her some new tricks like shake a paw and to wave and I am working on more! She is a very fast learner but we are still working on her on leash manners as she still needs some more practice. But I know that she will get it! These pictures are at the Skagit River on our Ross Lake trip. I am also planning to get Mia into agility training as she is super athletic. ~Melanie
Aug. 31st -- Mia is very lovable and always gives big kisses. She is still distrusting of strangers though, and I think it will take some time for her to forget her past. I found out that she was abused as a pup as she was very afraid of sticks and the broom! But with a little socialization she has gotten over most of her fear. I can now sweep with out her barking and running away. ~ Melanie

Sept. 21st -- I just thought I would update you on Mia as she has progressed a lot since I last wrote. She is now much better around strangers and dogs. I think that all she needs is more socialization!! She may even get to go on play dates with Cain who was adopted shortly after Mia. She is so smart and is really easy to train. I have taught her more tricks and commands. She's such a fast learner!! I know that she will continue to get better and be an agility star!! ~ Melanie